Calling all librarians, new and “seasoned” alike!
Would you like to make a difference in the career of a fellow librarian?
Registration opens soon for SCLA New Members Round Table Mentoring!
- Commit to participate from September 1, 2013 – May 31, 2014
- Mentors initiate contact with mentee with introductory e-mail
- Mentee meets mentor face-to-face within 60 days of matching
- Communicate monthly through whatever channels work for you
- Monthly discussion topics will be provided
Mentee role and expectations:
- 0-5 years as a full-time library employee/professional
- Be willing to meet face-to-face with mentor within 60 days of matching
- Communicate at least monthly with mentor
- Share experiences and lessons learned
- Take responsibility for your professional growth and development
Mentor role and expectations:
- Have at least 5 years of library experience
- Be willing to meet face-to-face with mentee within 60 days of matching
- Communicate at least monthly with mentee
- Share lessons learned from throughout career & provide suggestions
- Encourage your mentee’s professional growth and development
The downloadable registration form will be available soon.
- About SCLA
- Join SCLA
- Get Involved!
- Contact Us
- Job Listings