You are hereHome ›
Welcome to the homepage of the South Carolina Library Association (SCLA). Begun in 1915, The South Carolina Library Association was established on October 27 of that year when fourteen librarians and library supporters met in the University of South Carolina Library and voted unanimously to form the new group.
We are a state chapter of the American Library Association (ALA) and an affiliate of the Southeastern Library Association (SELA). The association is made of librarians from all around our state South Carolina dedicated to providing innovative services and promoting libraries and intellectual freedom to all our citizens including the public, as well as those in higher education and in our schools.
Contact us to learn more and find out how you can get involved.
SCLA 2015 Leadership Retreat
Richland Library Main
- Saturday, February 28, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Executive Board Meetings
Richland Library Northeast
- April 9, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- June 11, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- August 13, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Leadership Retreat, February 2013
- Executive Board Meeting, March 2013
- Executive Board Meeting, June 2013
- Leadership Retreat, February 2014
- Executive Board Meeting, April 2014
- Executive Board Meeting, June 2014
- Executive Board Meeting, August 2014
- Executive Board Meeting and Conference Wrap up, October 2014
- Leadership Retreat, February 2015
- Executive Board Meeting, April 2015
- SCLA Handbook, 6th edition
- Reimbursement Request Form (Word, PDF) April 2015
- Reimbursement Request Guidelines (Word, PDF) April 2015
New Officer Guide
- New Officer Guide, November 2014
- About SCLA
- Join SCLA
- Get Involved!
- Contact Us
- Job Listings