You are hereHome ›
Welcome to the homepage of the South Carolina Library Association (SCLA). Begun in 1915, The South Carolina Library Association was established on October 27 of that year when fourteen librarians and library supporters met in the University of South Carolina Library and voted unanimously to form the new group.
We are a state chapter of the American Library Association (ALA) and an affiliate of the Southeastern Library Association (SELA). The association is made of librarians from all around our state South Carolina dedicated to providing innovative services and promoting libraries and intellectual freedom to all our citizens including the public, as well as those in higher education and in our schools.
Contact us to learn more and find out how you can get involved.
SCLA 2016 Leadership Retreat
Saturday, February 27, 2016
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Thomas Cooper Library, Room 204
University of South Carolina
1322 Greene St.
*All Executive Committee members as well as officers of Sections, Round Tables, and Committees (Executive Board) are expected to attend. Association representatives may attend as well. Time will be allotted for groups to meet individually to plan for the year.
Executive Board Meetings
Richland Library Northeast Meeting Room
7490 Parklane Rd.
10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- April 7, 2016
- June 9, 2016
- August 11, 2016
- Leadership Retreat, February 2013
- Executive Board Meeting, March 2013
- Executive Board Meeting, June 2013
- Leadership Retreat, February 2014
- Executive Board Meeting, April 2014
- Executive Board Meeting, June 2014
- Executive Board Meeting, August 2014
- Executive Board Meeting and Conference Wrap up, October 2014
- Leadership Retreat, February 2015
- Executive Board Meeting, April 2015
- Executive Board Meeting, June 2015
- Executive Board Meeting, October 2015
- SCLA Handbook, 6th edition
- Reimbursement Request Form (Word, PDF) April 2015
- Reimbursement Request Guidelines (Word, PDF) April 2015
New Officer Guide
- New Officer Guide, November 2014
- About SCLA
- Join SCLA
- Get Involved!
- Contact Us
- Job Listings